What We Do
Procurement Services works together with the SUNY Buffalo State community to acquire various goods and services needed for the successful operation of our campus. At the same time, it is our responsibility to ensure the expenditures of State funds are in accordance with existing procedures, policies, laws, and regulations of New York State and the State University of New York
• Provides for the purchase of goods, materials, and services in a timely manner, at a competitive price, of proper quality and consistent with the needs of the College community.
• Facilitates compliance with State flexibility regulations.
• Provides expertise relevant to cost effective methods, commodity information and sourcing, negotiations and problem solving.
• Represents Buffalo State College in a Professional manner both within the SUNY Organization and with outside agencies. i.e. the Office of the State Comptroller, the Office of General Services, suppliers, etc.
• Ensures that the best value is consistently obtained.