FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Someone in our office is retiring, having a birthday, celebrating a promotion, etc.-can we purchase a gift/flowers/food, etc. using our state account? Answer: NO. You cannot use state monies for these types of purchases.
2. We want to purchase gift cards for students in our office as a thank you, can we use our state account? We want to purchase a prepaid credit card from TOPS for prizes at an event, can we use state monies? Answer-NO, these are considered prepayments, which are not an allowable expense.
3. Can I purchase water or a water cooler using state funds? Answer-Unless there is an unusual circumstance with your location, i.e. no city water available, the answer is NO.
4. Can I purchase personal items like tissues, air freshener, hand sanitizer, etc. using my state account? Answer- NO. these items are not allowable in most cases. These are for personal use and therefore we cannot purchase them with state monies.
5. Can I purchase janitorial items, like paper towels, cleaners, etc. using my state account? Answer-It is recommended that you contact Campus Services, Custodial Services to fulfill your needs.
When in doubt, check it out with Procurement Services 716-878-4113.
Back to Top
Some content on this page is saved in PDF format. To view these files, download Adobe Acrobat Reader free. If you are having trouble reading a document, request an accessible copy of the PDF or Word Document.